FAQ about Modernized Medicare Plans
What's New & Important in 2016
Frequently Asked Questions About Medicare and Modernized Medicare Plans can be found in the "Medicare & You" book:
- What you pay for Medicare (Part A & Part B)
Find out your Medicare cost for 2016.
- What Medicare covers
- Preventive services
Medicare covers depression screenings, screenings and counseling for alcohol misuse and obesity, behavioral therapy for cardiovascular disease, and more.
- Health and prescription drug plans in your area
- Information about Coverage Gap on Medicare Part-D Prescription Drug Plans
- Medicare health & prescription drug plans – Visit www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan or call
1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) to find plans in your area. TTY users should call
How can we help?
Emerson Insurance knows how confusing Supplemental Medicare Insurance and related products can be to research. Let us help you with any of the following information:
- How to take health care into your own hands.
- How does the Affordable Care Act affect Medicare? Benefits to seniors:
- Annual wellness exam at no cost to you
- No copayment for certain preventive services
- Coordination of care between doctors
- Improved quality of care at hospitals
- The ACA, Affordable Care Act provides new coverage options and tools you need to make informed choices about your health care.
- The PPACA, Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act, community called Obama Care or Federal Health Care Law
- With all the changes in Health Care Law’s Modernized Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans, need to be fitted to the individual for maximum benefits. With the change in the law that affects Medicare you need to a specialist like Emerson Insurance.
- There can be big differences in the premiums that different insurance companies charge of exactly the same coverage.
Supplements & Other Insurance
- How Medicare works with other insurance
- Retiree insurance
- What’s Supplement (Medigap) insurance?
- Find a Medigap policy
- When can I buy Medigap?
- How to compare Medigap policies
- Medigap & Travel
Drug Coverage (Medicare Part-D Prescription Drug Coverage)
- How to get drug coverage
- What drug plans cover
- Costs for Medicare Part-D Prescription Drug Coverage
- When can I join a health or drug plan?
- How Part-D works with other insurance
- Find Health & Drug Plans
- I am new to Medicare
- I am losing coverage I had from an employer
- I left, will leave, lost or will lose my employer coverage
- Medicare Supplement Plan Finder
- Medigap Policy
- Medigap Insurance
- Medicare Supplement Insurance Policies
- Standardized Medigap Policy
- Comparing Medigap/Medicare Supplement Cost
- Medigap/Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment Period
- Guaranteed Issue Rights (also called Medigap Protections)
- Switching Medigap policies when you want to find a policy that's less expensive
The answers are brief overviews intended to provide some general information. They are not intended to encompass entirely complete answers. We recommend going to www.medicare.gov, www.socialsecurity.gov and www.cms.gov. Additional information is available in the Medicare & You handbook distributed by the Dept. of Health & Human Services to each Medicare beneficiary. These handbooks can also be ordered on the medicare.gov website, or by calling 1-800-Medicare.